It is time for action to develop your presence on twitter. Here are some tips and tricks to optimize your twitter marketing:
1. Build a great profile (high quality profile and cover photos).
2. Pick up the right twitter username or handle.
3. Write a great bio. Include a link to your website’s landing page.
4. Pin an important tweet to appear at the top (offers, events, announcements etc…).
5. Follow the top profiles in your industry.
6. Create great content.
7. Use visuals always. Photos, GIFs, and videos have higher engagement rates. People are three times more likely to engage with Tweets that contain videos and photos. Can’t decide which photo to use? You can attach up to four photos to a single Tweet.
8. Incorporate relevant hashtags. Hashtags are powerful tools that allow you to expand your reach and tap into relevant conversations. Focus on keywords that are relevant to your business. Best practices recommend using no more than two hashtags per Tweet. Use RiteTag to Find Popular Hashtags.
9. Ask questions and run quizzes and polls. Asking questions is an effective way to interact with your audience, bring readers into the conversation, and understand people’s opinions. Tweet open-ended questions or use Twitter polls to survey on specific responses.
10. Encourage user-generated content for your brand.
11. Curate content from other accounts. You can retweet from you customers or others through branded hashtags.
12. Connect with your followers by replying and messaging them.
13. Tweet regularly and at the right time.
14. Plan your content and Schedule your tweets.
15. Cross promote your social accounts.
16. Link your website to twitter through links or embed a feed.
17. Add it to the email signature.
18. Use the twitter likes feature as a board for your customers’ feedback if any.
19. Tweet links to specific blog posts or product pages at your website.
20. Include a call to action in your tweets: “Check it out!”, “Click to find out more”, “Get your copy today”.
21. Use Twitter for Public Relations. Develop relationships with reporters, bloggers and other media people through Twitter.
22. Share behind the scenes info about your business.
23. @mention people when you name them at your posts to boost your social awareness. People like to be credited.
24. Retweet when others mention you.
25. Include numbers and statistics in your tweets.
26. Use quotes, especially the ones related to your industry.
27. Reward your followers through contests and sweepstakes.
28. Create and Exploit twitter lists for your benefit. It lets you organize the people they follow into specific groups based on their industry, relationship, expertise, etc.
29. Use saved Search for future relevant real time tweets for your important topics. Similar to Lists, Saved Searches let users organize their content based on interests.
30. Create moments to tell a story. Moments allows us to collect and curate Tweets to tell stories in new ways. It’s a powerful Twitter feature, continuing to help build community as we engage specific topics and events.
31. Engage in twitter chats hosted by others or create your own one.
32. Check your analytics and refine your tactics.
See more Twitter marketing articles!